Working in the Education sector for over 20 years, we have built an excellent reputation for providing expert support and guidance to schools, private schools, academies, colleges and not-for-profit organisations. This experience provides us with unrivalled knowledge, giving us an insight into the issues faced and practical solutions.
Our dedicated Education team members have been carefully chosen to ensure our clients have access to professionals who are all trained to the highest standards and who are focused upon exceeding expectations at every touch point.
Our team are always ahead of the game, ready to advise clients of the effects of the most recent changes in legislation and positioned to deliver added value at all times. This places us in a great position to offer an excellent service that fulfils the requirements of external reporting frameworks and adds genuine value to your operations.
Why we excel in the education sector:
- Our experienced and knowledgeable team has consulted to the education sector for over 20 years.
- Our portfolio covers a diverse range of education and not-for- profit entities, by both size and activity.
- We work with academies, providing effective audit, accounting and internal assurance compliance services, as well as credible and bespoke advice and support.
- Our service is focused on developing effective working partnerships with all our clients. Our focus is on the provision of up-front support and a proactive reciprocal relationship.
- Our team provides ideas and recommendations to our clients that are designed to resolve practical, compliance and business issues.
- We have the resources and ability to provide a broad range of services and experience without compromising independence and objectivity.
- We have a wealth of experience advising on every area of management, including areas such as risk management, governance, trustee/governor training and internal controls.
- We offer a highly professional service that is delivered by a team of approachable experts who thoroughly understand the sector and the issues schools are facing. Our team has involvement in the day-to- day activities of a range of educational organisations as both governors and advisers and so we really do understand the issues they face and how to resolve them.
- We have hands-on experience of the financial requirements of a new academy including significant experience in the development of financial reporting systems, through which we apply our practical experience to setting up controls, coding structures and producing meaningful management reports.
- We are committed to presenting our findings and reports in an engaging, concise and constructive manner.
- We have access to expertise from our trusted partners in the legal, insurance and banking sectors, each of whom specialise in the education and academy sectors.
- Our senior team members act as Governors, committee members and advisers to a number of educational organisations including schools, academy trusts, and colleges.
Compliance services we provide include:
- Financial statements and regularity audit.
- Internal assurance reviews and internal audit.
- Teachers’ pensions audit.
- Preparation of statutory accounts.
- Academy Accounts Returns and other EFA returns.
- Management accounts.
- Corporation tax.
- Business advisory services.
- Advice on setting up a school trading subsidiary.
- Tax, VAT investigations and compliance.
- Risk management.
- Governance issues and training.
- Employee benefits consulting.
- Financial services.
- Management information systems consultancy.
- Financial management and budgets.
- Corporate finance – strategic planning, monitoring and restructuring.
We believe our experience and ethos places us in a great position to offer a dynamic service that fulfils the requirements of external reporting frameworks and adds genuine value to your operations. We would be delighted to discuss our services with you to develop a bespoke package that meets your needs.